Careers at Data Insights
We are always looking for talented people who are eager to progress both personally and professionally. We are hiring seasoned professionals, as well as recent graduates, across all of our business units. Working in a dynamic team, at Data Insights you will have the chance to develop key skills in the fields of information management, data analytics and business consulting.To find out more, please take a look at our Open Roles
What you can expect
30 Days vacation
Work hard, play hard. Everyone needs downtime, and we encourage you to enjoy it.
Every year, you will have a minimum of 10 days to dedicate to trainings and certifications.
We offer you a flat hierarchy, a flexible working environment, autonomy and fast growth.
Performance- and market-based payment
Everyone is paid fairly. We base pay on market standards and personal performance. In addition, everyone has clear, agreed-upon annual objectives that are linked to bonuses.
We will enable and support you to become a leader. We will work with you to maximise your potential and to help you achieve your individual goals.
Team events and big celebrations
Every month we get together to have a company dinner, so that we can catch up on a regular basis. We also put on major celebrations for our Summer, Octoberfest and end-of-year party.
We offer you a choice of the newest equipment, such as a MacBook, iPhone, Samsung Galaxy etc.
Even though we are a fresh and small company, we have big and interesting projects!
We can help you with relocating to Munich.
We have a top-class team of data scientists, data engineers and information management specialists, in a pleasant working environment.
What we expect
Motivation and passion
We look for individuals who are passionate about working with data, and who are highly motivated to solve the challenges given in their projects.
Eagerness to constantly progress
To work in the data domain is to be eager to learn, and be adaptable to the constant changes in techniques and technology.
Whether for a client project, for an internal event, or for a conference, as a consultant, you need strong presentation skills.
Willingness to travel
While most of our projects are in Munich, you may be required to travel anywhere within Germany, or potentially to neighbouring countries.
Communication in both German and English
It is important for us that everyone in the team can communicate fluently in both German and English. If it is the case that your German needs improving, we can support you with relevant courses.
Big Data Engineer
- Competent handling of data, algorithms, numbers and facts
- Database -, Hadoop, NoSQL, Kafka, ETL - or Web-Service-Development
- Dimensional Data Modelling, Data Warehousing and Data Vault
- Self-directed and goal oriented problem-solving skills
- Daily work with agile project management tools (ex. SCRUM, Kanban)
- Massive Parallelization, Batch- and Stream-Processing
- Design and develop Lambda-Kappa- Architecture
- Software development and Machine Learning
- Design and develop real-time Data-Driven products
- Interpretation of Data and their analysis using statistical models
- Development and implementation of “Data Collection Systems”, to improve the statistical quality and accuracy
- Data Collection of “Primary” and “Secondary” Sources and database maintenance
- Identification and analysis of trends, patterns, in complex datasets
- Close collaboration with decision makers internally and externally
- Self directed working style and desire to improve internal processes
Ab Initio Expert
- Database, ETL, Application or Web Service development
- Dimensional data modelling, data warehousing and DataVault
- Independent and result-oriented solutions of problems
- Parallel, Batch- and Stream- processing
- Working with data, algorithms and numbers
- Software development and machine learning
- Design and develop real-time data driven solutions